We know what you are thinking – are professional shampoos really THAT much better than the products I can buy at the drugstore? Aren’t they all basically just soap? In short, YES! Professional hair products really do have some serious benefits for your hair.
You’ve got the perfect dress, perfect shoes, and the perfect date. Now its time to make sure your hair and brows are ready to go so you can look your best on Prom night. Here is a timeline that you can use to make sure you’ve got all your bases covered.
If your skin is feeling extra dry lately, you aren’t alone. Cold weather, harsh wind, and dry indoor air all conspire to suck the moisture out of your skin during the winter months. Follow these simple tips to help keep your skin smooth and hydrated.
Ready to change up your look? We are all about helping our clients make over their look and try new things. We put together some tips to help make sure you walk out of the salon THRILLED with your hair style.
- Go online and see what you like! Pinterest (and especially our Pinterest page) is filled with trendy, awesome new hair looks. Or identify a celebrity that has hair similar to yours in length and type and google some hair styles they have had. Just keep in mind, a lot of photos online are altered or edited and might not be totally realistic
- When you make your appointment, make sure you tell the Monica and the front desk what you have in mind. If we know that you are changing your look, or what you want to do with your new style/color/highlight we can make sure the appropriate amount of time is booked for your appointment so that everything can get done and your stylist isn’t rushed.
- Ask your stylist for recommendations. If you found a photo you like, feel free to run it by your stylist when you are in the salon. They can tell you if it’s realistic for your hair and what it will take to get there. Some styles or color may take more than one appointment to achieve, depending on how big of a change you are making.
- Don’t forget to ask your stylist for tips on how to maintain your new style and if there is any product that will help you achieve the look on a daily basis.
Most importantly, have fun! We love seeing people try new things and will do everything we can to make sure you walk out of the salon totally satisfied with your transformation.
We are beyond excited to welcome Leslie back to the mira family. Leslie left us for sunny Florida a few years ago, but she has returned to Ohio and to her home at mira. Leslie has extensive experience and is available starting this week for all of your manicure and pedicure needs.
As a special introduction package, Leslie is offering $5 off manicures and $10 off pedicures for the months of October/November. Call us today to make your appointment.
We were so honored to be a part of three (yes, three!) weddings over the weekend. Our first mira bride joined us on Friday before her wedding in Tallmadge. Troy, Danielle, and Chrissy did an amazing job working with the bride and her wedding party. Paula, thanks so much for making us a part of your big day!
Curious about waxing options? We have answers to all the most frequently asked questions about waxing. Read up on waxing below, then call today to make an appointment to get started.
How does it work? Waxing is a semi-permanent hair removal option that takes hair out from the root. Because it removes hair at the root, its more effective than shaving, which only removes hair starting at the skin’s surface. Waxing leaves skin smooth and hair-free for a couple of weeks until the hair regrows and over time the hair can begin to grow in finer, thinner, and slower.
What part of the body can be waxed? Waxing can be done on almost any part of the body that needs it. Women frequently get waxed on their legs, underarms, bikini line, upper lip and eyebrows. Chest and back are popular spots for men to get waxed.
How long do results last for? Every client is different – hair regrows for each person at a different rate. In general, results last for 3-5 weeks. As you continue to get regular waxing treatments, the length of time between waxes can increase.
How long should the hair be to wax? Hair needs to be ¼ in to be waxed. If the hair is longer, your esthetician can trim the hair to the desired length.
Are there any health precautions I should keep in mind? Certain medications can affect your skin, so make sure to be honest with your esthetician about medications you are on or allergies that you may have. Additionally, sunburned or irritated skin should not be waxed. If you aren’t sure, just ask your esthetician and they will be able to help you determine if you can safely wax your skin.
What do I need to do after? While we can’t predict or guarantee who may have a reaction, most clients do not experience any reaction beyond redness and minor irritation. However, here are some tips to help minimize irritation and breakouts:
- Treat skin gently – avoid sun exposure, abrasives or exfoliation for 24-48 hours.
- Wear sun screen
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and heated sources for at least 48 hours
- Do not use exfoliating products and loofas for at least 24 hours
Have a question we missed? Allison is always more than happy to advise you on what is best for your skin. Don’t hesitate to call or ask her a question at your next appointment.