We were so honored to have Tina and her wedding party come to mira for her big day. Everyone looked stunning for the wedding! Check out the photos below!
Are you ready for a confidence-boosting tan without exposure to UV Rays? You are only minutes away from looking and feeling amazing with our NEW sunless tanning booth. Before you step into the booth, be sure you are ready with these tips for preparation and aftercare.
- Prepare yourself. The morning of your appointment, use a non-oily scrub to exfoliate your skin, particularly the knees and elbows (which tend to absorb more tanner and turn dark), as well as the neck, chest, shins, and face (where the skin is thinner and streaks show up). Coat any scabs or recent scars with Vaseline.
- Skip the lotion and makeup. While moisturizing your skin in the days following your tanning session can make it last longer, applying moisturizers and lotions can interfere with the bronzing spray absorbing into your skin. If you do wear makeup the day of your tan, remove it before entering the booth to get the most even tan on your face. Also, use deodorant sparingly.
- Make Strategic Wardrobe Choices. The worst thing you can do post-spray tan is put on tight-fitting clothes, which can cause the tanning pigment to transfer and leave your skin looking patchy. Instead, wear loose, flowy garments to your appointment so that you’re set up for success. The tanning solution washes out of clothing pretty easily, but you may want to opt for dark colored underwear and clothing just in case. Additionally, leave jewelry off until the tan has had time to set.
- Make it last. It’s best not to let your skin get wet for eight hours post-tan. Don’t exfoliate for at least a week, shave your legs as infrequently as possible, and moisturize from head to toe after you shower.
Thats it! You are ready to tan. If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know and we would be happy to answer them for you.
Dry shampoo is a one of our favorite beauty products and a total life-saver. If you’ve never used it, we highly recommend grabbing a bottle next time you are at the salon. Dry shampoo allows you to keep your hair looking clean and refreshed even if you haven’t washed it in a day or two. And, as we all know, washing your hair every day can strip it of natural oils and dry out your hair. So the ability to have clean looking hair without actually washing your hair is essential for the long-term health of your mane.
- To be able to shampoo less frequently. As we mentioned, dry shampoo lets you go longer without suffering matted or oily roots so you can go a few days without washing.
- To stretch out a blow-out. After you walk out of the salon with gorgeous hair, you want it to last as long as possible before shampooing. You can easily add a few days to your blow-out with dry shampoo.
- To conserve your color. No matter what shampoo you use, hair color definitely loses some vibrancy after a certain number of shampoos. Swapping out a few regular shampoos for a water-less option between color services will prolong the life of your hair color.
- To eliminate odor. Many dry shampoo formulas feature a pleasant fragrance to instantly refresh your hair.
- To add volume. This is one of the best bonuses of a dry shampoo. Not only does it make your hair look, feel and smell fresher and cleaner, it also gives you a real boost! Directing a powder or spray dry shampoo at your roots immediately adds volume and fullness—as if you’ve just blown-out your hair!
- To save time. Whenever there’s no time for a proper shampoo and blow-dry, dry shampoo is your friend and savior.
- To add texture. Silky hair is lovely and desirable…most of the time. Sometimes, though, a little bit of grit is helpful—like if you’re doing a messy bun or a cool, Pinterest-worthy braid. Dry shampoo gives too-silky strands the heft they need to form and hold a textured upstyle or braid.
We know what you are thinking – are professional shampoos really THAT much better than the products I can buy at the drugstore? Aren’t they all basically just soap? In short, YES! Professional hair products really do have some serious benefits for your hair.
You’ve got the perfect dress, perfect shoes, and the perfect date. Now its time to make sure your hair and brows are ready to go so you can look your best on Prom night. Here is a timeline that you can use to make sure you’ve got all your bases covered.
If your skin is feeling extra dry lately, you aren’t alone. Cold weather, harsh wind, and dry indoor air all conspire to suck the moisture out of your skin during the winter months. Follow these simple tips to help keep your skin smooth and hydrated.
Ready to change up your look? We are all about helping our clients make over their look and try new things. We put together some tips to help make sure you walk out of the salon THRILLED with your hair style.
- Go online and see what you like! Pinterest (and especially our Pinterest page) is filled with trendy, awesome new hair looks. Or identify a celebrity that has hair similar to yours in length and type and google some hair styles they have had. Just keep in mind, a lot of photos online are altered or edited and might not be totally realistic
- When you make your appointment, make sure you tell the Monica and the front desk what you have in mind. If we know that you are changing your look, or what you want to do with your new style/color/highlight we can make sure the appropriate amount of time is booked for your appointment so that everything can get done and your stylist isn’t rushed.
- Ask your stylist for recommendations. If you found a photo you like, feel free to run it by your stylist when you are in the salon. They can tell you if it’s realistic for your hair and what it will take to get there. Some styles or color may take more than one appointment to achieve, depending on how big of a change you are making.
- Don’t forget to ask your stylist for tips on how to maintain your new style and if there is any product that will help you achieve the look on a daily basis.
Most importantly, have fun! We love seeing people try new things and will do everything we can to make sure you walk out of the salon totally satisfied with your transformation.
We are beyond excited to welcome Leslie back to the mira family. Leslie left us for sunny Florida a few years ago, but she has returned to Ohio and to her home at mira. Leslie has extensive experience and is available starting this week for all of your manicure and pedicure needs.
As a special introduction package, Leslie is offering $5 off manicures and $10 off pedicures for the months of October/November. Call us today to make your appointment.